Skip to main content

Featured

One step closer - Poem

One Step Closer One step closer, don't rush the way, Some hearts need time for fear to fade, Just take my hand and walk with me, We'll find where we are meant to be. One step closer, your eyes meet mine, And something shifts between space and time, No grand confession, no perfect start, Just little footsteps toward my heart. Perhaps tomorrow we'll still be unsure, Still learning what we're searching for, But every silence we slowly cross Feels less like fear and more like us. So don't ask where this road will end, Just stay beside me around each bend, We don't need forever to begin— One step closer... and let me in.

Let me Go

I keep replaying every word you threw
Looking for a warning I passed through
If holding on just pulls me down
Tell me how to cut you out

Let me go
From the ghost of who we were
From the weight of every word
I never said in time
Let me go
From the promise we outgrew
From the future built on you
I can’t carry both our lives
If I can’t make you stay
Then don’t make me
Stay this way
Let me go

How do I forgive a half-goodbye
You walked away but lingered in my mind
You left the door half-open wide
So I keep standing just inside

Maybe love is learning when to loosen fingers
Even when the last of your warmth still lingers
If this is how our story ends
Don’t write me in your margins again

Take your shadow from my skin
Leave my heart with room to mend
If I loved you like I know
I have to learn to let you go

Let me go
From the ghost of who we were
From the weight of every word
I never said in time
Let me go
From the promise we outgrew
From the future built on you
I can’t carry both our lives
If I can’t make you stay
Then don’t make me
Stay this way

Comments

Popular Posts