Skip to main content

Featured

Do you remember? - Poem

Do You Remember? Do you remember that very first night, The nervous laughter, the fading light? How words came softly, then hours just flew, And somehow the world disappeared into you? Do you remember the things we would say, The little good mornings that colored my day? Those quiet moments nobody knew, When nothing existed but me and you? Do you remember when silence felt warm, When your voice was my shelter inside every storm? When missing you hurt, yet somehow felt sweet, Because every goodbye meant again we would meet? Maybe some moments were never meant to stay, They come like the seasons, then wander away, But if you ever look at the stars like I do— Tell me, my love... do you remember them too?

Broken Mirror

Broken Mirror

I looked into a broken mirror tonight,
Searching for the girl I used to know,
But every shard reflected different light,
A thousand versions I refused to show.

One held the love I couldn't leave behind,
One kept the tears I never let you see,
One showed the battles raging in my mind,
And one still held the person I could be.

I tried to put the pieces back in place,
But broken glass remembers every fall,
So I stopped searching for my former face,
And learned I didn't need it after all.

Perhaps we're not supposed to stay the same,
Perhaps some breaking teaches us to see,
For every scar still carries someone's name,
But every shattered piece still belongs to me.

So I won't curse the mirror anymore,
Or mourn the reflection I once knew,
I'll gather every fragment from the floor,
And build a different picture—without you.

Comments

  1. It broke me in pieces when I read this poem. You have no idea how much I regret everything I have done to hurt you. I don't know if you would ever speak to me again. I never meant to push you away. I was hurting. Please forgive me and give me one more chance.

    People make mistakes, for different reasons (it doesn't matter the reasons), but I believe in second chances.

    I couldn't stop replying, but I want you back in my life. In any form. Patience was never my strong suit. I know. I'm sorry. Just unblock me, please. I promise you will not regret this time and if you do it one more time, it will be permanent.

    One more chance, Iza, that's all I'm asking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts