Skip to main content

Featured

Do you remember? - Poem

Do You Remember? Do you remember that very first night, The nervous laughter, the fading light? How words came softly, then hours just flew, And somehow the world disappeared into you? Do you remember the things we would say, The little good mornings that colored my day? Those quiet moments nobody knew, When nothing existed but me and you? Do you remember when silence felt warm, When your voice was my shelter inside every storm? When missing you hurt, yet somehow felt sweet, Because every goodbye meant again we would meet? Maybe some moments were never meant to stay, They come like the seasons, then wander away, But if you ever look at the stars like I do— Tell me, my love... do you remember them too?

Why am I still dreaming?

Why Am I Still Dreaming?

Why am I still dreaming of you,
When morning says that we are through?
Why does my heart, against my mind,
Still search for something left behind?

Why do your eyes return at night,
Like distant stars that refuse their flight?
Why does your voice still call my name,
When everything should not feel the same?

Perhaps some hearts don't understand
How to release another's hand,
They keep one touch, one kiss, one view,
And build a thousand dreams from you.

Maybe one day I'll wake and see
That letting go has set me free,
But until dawn makes dreams depart,
You'll live somewhere inside my heart.


Comments

  1. If you love someone, let them go. If they come back, they were always yours to be with, if not, they were never meant to be in the first place.

    I never meant any harm for you. I never lied to you about my feelings. Whatever you did and said, you know best. You did it out of conservation (and I understand that).

    It did hurt to hear that the person you thought cares for you, doesn't.

    I wish you will be happy, Iza. Somehow. This is the last message I will ever send. You know where I am and who I am.

    This poem, although I know it's not for me, IT IS ME.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts