Search This Blog
Love poems for every occasion.
Featured
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
What Am I looking for? - poem
What Am I Looking For?
Why do I search for passing light
In every morning, every night?
Why can my heart not fall asleep,
When all it wants is something deep?
Between the hunger and the ache,
Between what’s real and dreams that wake,
Why can my soul not fly again,
Beyond the borders of this pain?
I’m looking for what I hold near—
A touch, a voice, a presence dear,
A familiar hand I somehow know,
A warmth I cannot quite let go.
Why does this feeling never end?
Why does it hurt, yet somehow mend?
What knocks upon my restless mind,
Like something lost I need to find?
Where is that feeling? Where’s that night?
Where is the spark, the missing light?
What is this longing, strange and true?
What is my heart still searching through?
Comments
Post a Comment